1. Organize and clean up your workspace
Many American’s and people around the world are working from home for the foreseeable future. This means a change in your normal work environment and struggling with a lack of creativity or motivation or both. By creating a comfortable, clean and easy to navigate workspace at home you will be more motivated to put in an effective workday even if you’re in your PJs.
* Find a space in your home that is comfortable and has plenty of natural light. Natural light has been proven to lighten anxiety and ease stress.
* Make sure to clean and disinfect all surfaces and de-clutter your space.
* Make sure that your space is one of the quieter ones around the house.
* Last but not least, make sure you have easy access to all of your technology and devices to spend less time working on technical issues later.
There are a few good streaming service deals out there to take advantage of while we spending much more time at home during our practice of social distancing.
Netflix: 30-day free trial period. After that, it’s $9-16/mo.
Hulu: 30-day free trial for basic access (with ads) and a 7-day free trial without ads $6-12/mo.
Disney+: The usual rate of a 7-day free trial period. After, it’s $7/mo. Plus, subscribers get access to National Geographic, Marvel, Pixar, and other Star Wars content.
Sling TV: Sling is thousands of hours of free programming temporarily because of coronavirus. Viewers can access different news programs like ABC News Live to stay informed about the pandemic as well as entertainment for kids.
3. Home School is Better than No School
With the kids staying home during an unexpectedly long Spring break they are going to be laying around the house more than ever before. Use this as an opportunity to have the kids open those relics we call books and soak up some knowledge. Here are 3 fun ways to start a homeschool curriculum in your home.
- Assign a block of time that you and your child will dedicate to lesson time.
- Keep it fun: Find interesting Youtube videos on history subjects that your child is interested in and have them write you a short report on the video. They have videos on “How Photo Synthesis works in plants to the History of the Roman empire.
Tons of engaging and fun learning videos
- Do Some Weird Science
At home DIY science experiments are a great way for kids to learn the scientific method. Here are some ideas that are fun but full of learning.
8 Simply Awesome Science Experiments that you can do at home