Spatchcock that Bird!
Not going to make the cover of Martha Stewart Living but damn delicious.
Spatchcocking is a great way to prepare any poultry but especially a Thanksgiving turkey, because of its size. Spatchcocking is when you remove the backbone and crack the breastbone so that you can cook the bird flat on the grill. This method is a great way to get crispy skin and cut your cook time in half.
Spatchcock Turkey Instructions
Thanksgiving Turkey Burgers
All that tradition stuffed into one delicious burger.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
Standing Rib Roast, leg of lamb or Cornish game hens are a great main if you do not feel like the traditional turkey.
Standing (Ovation) Rib Roast
It is just that good.
1. Coat with butter, season well with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
2. Roast in the oven at 350° degrees, 18 minutes per pound, and the roast will be medium when the center reaches 130° degrees. Let rest 15 minutes minimum, pull the meat at 125° to serve medium-rare. Resting is very important! Serve with your favorite sides.
Silence of the Leg of Lamb
Because it is always quieter when everyone is just eating.
1. Coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper well,
2. Stuff a sprig of Rosemary and thyme, roast in the oven at 450° degrees for 15 minutes.
3. Turn down to 350° degrees, and roast 15 minutes per pound until the center reaches 135 degrees.
4. Let rest 15 minutes minimum. Resting is very important.